- Should I open the windows to help the drying process?
- Are there any warning signs to look for?
- Who is responsible for monitoring the drying equipment?
Opening the windows in your home to assist the drying process is not always recommended. Outside weather conditions may vary. Your ServiceMaster Restore technician will determine when and if opening windows to let in outside air is advisable.
If there are dark spots on your ceiling, floors or walls, this is a sure sign of mould growth. Musty odours and mildew are often also signs that mould may be growing in your home. Respiratory and allergy symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, trouble breathing and wheezing are a common indicator of mould growth as well. High humidity levels in the home that result in condensation on glass and metal surfaces are also a warning sign of mould.
ServiceMaster Restore’s water damage mitigation specialists will place and monitor specialized equipment to achieve optimal results in the shortest amount of time. Equipment should never be turned off or moved by anyone other than the damage mitigation technician.